Transforming science into medicine
The focus of the Drug Development Office is on preclinical and early phase clinical studies.
We carry out:
- Projects requiring preclinical development, including safety toxicology, drug manufacture and formulation
- Phase I studies focused on safety data, pharmacokinetics and modulation of target biomarkers
- Combination trials of unregistered and registered agents
- Early phase II 'proof of principle' studies focusing on the use of biological endpoints
- 'Non critical path' studies on agents in active commercial development