Research Update issue 7 published
Tuesday 15 November 2011
Research Update is our quarterly publication providing information on Cancer Research UK's research funding activities to our grantees, trustees and the wider scientific and clinical community.
In this edition, you will be able to read Professor Gerard Evan's views on why cancers are so difficult to cure, an update on the progress of Cancer Research UK's Research Strategy, information on our recently funded awards, as well as updates from Cancer Research UK's Centres and Institutes.
Recent announcements, news and press releases
- Press Release: Non-Hodgkin lymphoma survival doubles since early 1970s (23 May 2013)
- News story: Scientists produce first large-scale map of cell division genes (22 May 2013)
- Press Release: Cancer survivors need more support to stop smoking and drinking (22 May 2013)
- Press Release: Beta-blockers may boost chemo effect in childhood cancer (22 May 2013)
- News story: US scientists devise strategy to block key cancer molecule (21 May 2013)