Cancer Research UK funds 10 new investigators
Monday 11 July 2011
Cancer Research UK has recently awarded £12 million to 10 exceptional researchers from across the country. The funding will help them develop their careers and generate exciting discoveries that will help more people beat cancer than ever before.
You can find out more about all the appointments on the latest funded awards web page.
The new investigators awards include three funding schemes:
We plan to make 10 more awards in 2012. You can now apply for this year's schemes. The deadline for preliminary applications is Thursday 28 July 2011.
If you have a strong track record of research, and your research relevant to understanding, preventing, diagnosing or treating cancer then these awards could help you to become a leader in your field. We are particularly keen to support new investigators in population research.
Recent announcements, news and press releases
- Press Release: Early trip to the GP gives big boost to lung cancer patients (9 Dec 2013)
- News story: New tumour suppressor gene discovered (8 Dec 2013)
- Press Release: New EU legislation would halt research and put lives at risk, warns Cancer Research UK (5 Dec 2013)
- News story: Study highlights varying cancer survival rates across Europe (4 Dec 2013)
- Press Release: Prevent proteins folding and you may stop cancer growing (2 Dec 2013)