Cancer Research UK funds 10 new investigators
Monday 11 July 2011
Cancer Research UK has recently awarded £12 million to 10 exceptional researchers from across the country. The funding will help them develop their careers and generate exciting discoveries that will help more people beat cancer than ever before.
You can find out more about all the appointments on the latest funded awards web page.
The new investigators awards include three funding schemes:
We plan to make 10 more awards in 2012. You can now apply for this year's schemes. The deadline for preliminary applications is Thursday 28 July 2011.
If you have a strong track record of research, and your research relevant to understanding, preventing, diagnosing or treating cancer then these awards could help you to become a leader in your field. We are particularly keen to support new investigators in population research.
Recent announcements, news and press releases
- Press Release: A quiet epidemic - men's risk of oesophageal cancer is triple women's risk (18 Jun 2013)
- Press Release: CRT, University of Manchester and AstraZeneca work together to seek new cancer drugs (14 Jun 2013)
- Press Release: HPV testing could cut cervical cancers by a third (14 Jun 2013)
- News story: Researchers exploit cancer’s faulty defence mechanism (12 Jun 2013)
- News story: Electronic cigarettes to be regulated as medicines (12 Jun 2013)