Cancer Research UK Northern Ireland Prize Draw.
Cancer Research UK Northern Ireland Prize Draw.
By entering this prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below (“Terms and Conditions”).
1. The Prize Draw is open to UK residents only aged 18 or over, except employees of the Promoter and its subsidiary companies, and TrustFord employees.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to request evidence of eligibility, including the identity and age of any entrant.
How to enter
3. Entry to the Prize Draw opens at 00:01 on 30th November 2015 and closes at 23:59 on 31st March 2016 (“Entry Period”). Entries received outside the Entry Period will not be entered.
4. To enter the Prize Draw, entrants must submit a ticket during the Entry Period to their local Cancer Research UK Committee or other designated approved seller. The Prize Draw is free to enter, no purchase of a ticket is necessary.
5. Entrants may submit more than one entry.
6. Entries must be made directly by the person entering the Prize Draw. Third party, bulk and/or automated applications shall not be accepted.
7. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for incorrect or incomplete personal details provided by a winner, or for any damage or loss resulting from entry into the Prize Draw. The Promoter shall also not be liable for issues of any kind which may prevent, restrict or delay the sending or receipt of an entry. Late, damaged or illegible entries, or those not complying with these Terms and Conditions, will not be valid.
8. There are five prizes. The first prize is a Fiesta 1.25 Studio 3dr 60ps in Race Red with three years’ manufacturer’s warranty, one year road tax and one year road side assistance. The second prize is £500 cash, the third prize is £250 cash, and there are two fourth prizes of £100 cash each.
9. The car prize is provided by TrustFord and subject to their terms and conditions which can be found at http://www.trustford.co.uk/terms-conditions/new-and-used-vehicle-sales/
10. The provision of the car prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of TrustFord Limited or any other third parties concerned in any way with the Prize Draw. Any complaints or queries relating to the use of the first prize should be directed to the Ford Customer Assistance Line on 0845 841 1111.
11. In order to claim the car prize the winner must visit a TrustFord site in Northern Ireland nominated by TrustFord and produce: (i) a full driving licence authorising them to drive the car in the UK; (ii) a valid insurance certificate in the winner’s name; (iii) and any other documentation reasonably required by TrustFord. A car prize winner without a full driving licence and/or valid insurance certificate may, in the Promoter’s absolute discretion, nominate another person to collect the car who must produce all documentation listed above. If the winner is unable to satisfy the requirements of this clause 11, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a cash equivalent in its absolute discretion.
12. The winner will be responsible for all insurance, maintenance and running costs of the car from the time of collection of the car.
13. The prizes are non-transferable (subject to clause 11 above in relation to the car prize), non-refundable and non-negotiable. In the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the first prize for a similar prize of equal or greater value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize.
14. By participating, entrants agree that the first prize is awarded on an “as is” basis and that the Promoter makes no representations or gives no warranties of any nature in relation to the prize.
15. Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up, or failing to take up, the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its employees.
16. The winners of the Prize Draw will be the first five valid entries selected at random from all entries received during the Entry Period in the presence of an independent observer. The draw will take place on 7th April 2016 (“Draw Date”). Reserve winners will also be selected in case the original winners cannot be contacted and/or do not provide the necessary information. The Promoter’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The winners will be notified within 5 working days of the Draw Date by email or phone using the details provided by the winners.
18. If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond to communications within 5 days of notification, the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize to a reserve winner selected as set out above.
19. Subject to clause 18, cash prizes will be paid by cheque within 28 days of the Draw Date.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if it reasonably believes there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or a winner’s conduct is contrary to these Terms and Conditions and in these circumstances the Promoter also reserves the right to require the return of any prize awarded (if applicable) and select an alternative winner as set out above.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to (i) cancel or suspend the Prize Draw; (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iii) amend these Terms and Conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants).
22. Any personal data received from entrants will only be used and/or shared with third parties where necessary for the proper purposes of the Prize Draw and in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement at http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/terms-and-conditions/privacy-statement.
23. By entering the Prize Draw, the winners agree: (i) that the Promoter may use his/her name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winners of the Prize Draw as set out below, and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes; and (ii) to participate in such promotional activity and material as the Promoter may require.
24. The name and home county of the winners will be available for one month after the Draw Date to anyone who sends a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Cancer Research UK-Northern Ireland, Volunteer Fundraising, Cancer Research UK, The Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.
25. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and entrants agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.
26. If you have any queries please contact Mark.McMahon@cancer.org.uk
Promoter: Cancer Research UK, Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.