The Great Christmas Pudding Race & Winter Wonderland – Bath T&Cs
The Great Christmas Pudding Race – Bath (15th November 2015)
These Rules apply to The Great Christmas Pudding Race- Bath event taking place on Sunday 15th November 2015 at The Parade Gardens, Bath (“Event”).
This Event is organised by Bath’s Independent Businesses Network (“Network”) to raise funds for Cancer Research UK.
All participants and supporters must abide by these Rules and any instructions or regulations displayed or given on the day of the event by police and officials.
1. Entry payments are non-refundable unless the Network materially changes the Event in terms of venue or date which means that participants are no longer able to attend, or if the Network cancels the Event altogether.
2. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Online registration for The Great Christmas Pudding Race - Bath will close on Friday 26th October 2015 or once capacity has been reached.
3. All participants, volunteers and spectators agree that they are happy for their names and any video footage, stills or photographs taken during the Event to be used by Cancer Research UK and Cancer Research UK Trading Limited (“CRUK”) (and their service providers and agents) and by the Network to publicise the Event and for commercial and/or fundraising purposes including, but not limited to, television broadcasts, advertising, publications, marketing material, merchandise, personalised direct mail and other documents that may be made available to the public.
No personal details (including names or images) of under 16 year olds will be used in the manner described above by CRUK without the written consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian but CRUK may use images where children are incidentally included.
4. CRUK and its authorised partners and the Network may appoint third party photographers to take photographs at the Event. All participants agree that their photographs may be sent to them, to other people featured in their photographs and to children’s parents/legal guardians where children are featured in their photos. Whilst photographers will try to obtain parental/legal guardian’s consent before taking images where children are more than just incidentally included, this cannot be guaranteed.
5. By providing personal data when registering for the Event, participants confirm that they consent to such data being used by CRUK and the Network for the purposes of organising, staging and administering the Event. If you provide personal data on behalf of an entrant, you confirm that you have obtained their consent (or the consent of their parent or legal guardian where the entrant is under 18) for such data to be used for the same purposes.
All personal data held by CRUK will be handled in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with CRUK’s privacy statement.
7. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in the Event should take medical advice from a General Practitioner prior to the Event.
8. Participants enter the Event entirely at their own risk. The Network shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss howsoever suffered by participants or their property as a result of participation in the Event, other than in respect of death or personal injury arising as a result of its negligence.
9. Cancer Research UK and Cancer Research UK Trading Limited shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss howsoever suffered by participants or their property as a result of participation in the Event, other than in respect of death or personal injury arising as a result of the negligence of Cancer Research UK or Cancer Research UK Trading Limited.
10. All spectators attending the Event do so entirely at their own risk. The Network shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss howsoever suffered by spectators at the Event other than in respect of death or personal injury arising as a result of its negligence. Cancer Research UK and Cancer Research UK Trading Limited shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss howsoever suffered by spectators at the Event, other than in respect of death or personal injury arising as a result of the negligence of Cancer Research UK or Cancer Research UK Trading Limited.
11. CRUK takes all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to participants during fundraising events. There is a stringent risk assessment process in place for each and every event which aims to minimise or eliminate the risk to everyone taking part. However, by taking part in the Event, you acknowledge that it is potentially hazardous and that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. If you have any concerns or queries and/or are reconsidering your entry, please contact us before agreeing to take part in the Event.
12. CRUK and the Network reserves the right to postpone and/or cancel the Event in their sole discretion.
Entry rules for The Great Christmas Pudding Race- Bath:
13. Participants must be aged 14 years or older. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult..
14. Entrants under the age of 18 must have the permission of their parent or legal guardian before registering to take part in the Event.
15. The registration fee for the Event is £10
16. Any monies raised in connection with Event is held on trust for Cancer Research UK and must be passed to Cancer Research UK. We ask that you do this as soon as practicable. You can:
- Bring your sponsorship money and forms to Emma Savage at Grace & Ted, Kingsmead Square in Bath before the Event or bring them along on the day and hand in at registration
- Pay in your sponsorship money online on your Just Giving page
17. You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received by you for the Event are paid to Cancer Research UK.
18. Use of Cancer Research UK’s website is subject to Cancer Research UK's website terms and conditions.
19. All participants must abide by any rules, instructions and regulations displayed or given on the day of the Event by the event organiser, event marshals, police and officials.
20. For safety reasons participants arriving late (after 10.50am) will not be permitted to participate in the Event. All Teams to report to the Registration Desk no later than 10.15 a.m. (We would be grateful if you could wait until all your team arrive before registering).
21. Whilst the event organiser takes every care with the staging of the event, participants must take all reasonable precautions for the safeguarding of their person and of their property during their participation in the Event. Personal accident and personal items insurance is the responsibility of the participant.
22. CRUK and the Network reserves the right to refuse entry to the Event to anyone with inappropriate or missing equipment or clothing.
What to bring with you
23. We recommend that participants bring with them the following items:
- Fancy dress – please be aware that this time of year is cold and so please wrap up warm!
- Suitable footwear you can walk/run/skip in.
- Full water bottle and food as required
On the day
24. Participants will be given a competition Christmas Pudding on a plate and tray. This must be carried one handed, shoulder high throughout the duration of the Event. The tray must be balanced on the hand and must not be gripped (a demonstration will be given).
25. If pudding falls off the tray, the participant must replace it on the tray before continuing the Event.
26. Participants will be required to complete the course, negotiating simple obstacles. The winning team will be the first team to finish the course with five Christmas Puddings still on their trays together with any articles required to be picked up along the route. The team must be lined up in numerical order behind their team marshal.
27. The decision of the judges will be final and will be given after sufficient time has been allowed to consider all reports from the marshals along the route.
28. CRUK and the Network asks that all participants along with their supporters refrain from smoking at the event.
29. No dogs or pets allowed as the B&NES Council does not allow them on the Parade Gardens grounds.
30. CRUK and the Network asks that all participants along with their supporters do not use aggressive or abusive language or behaviour towards our organisers and volunteers.
31. Any participant that is suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs will be refused entry and will not be allowed to participate in the Event.
32. All participants must walk/run/skip with care and attention and abide any rules stipulated by the event organiser.
34. In the case of an emergency, participants agree that CRUK and the Network may pass the personal details provided by a participant to the emergency services and/or health care professionals, and use them for the purposes of contacting a participant’s emergency contact.