Prevention Research Network Award (UKPRP)
About this scheme
The Principal Investigator (i.e. the leader of a network) must be based at the lead organisation, which should be one of the following:
- UK Higher Education Institutions
- Research Council Institutes
- Independent Research Organisations
UKPRP Network Awards provide funding for:
- Primarily for meetings/workshops, the Principal Investigator’s time and a Network Administrator’s salary. Administrative costs associated with the activity of each network should be included.
- Some limited support for pump priming activities to cement collaborations and provide proof of concept.
- Additional funding to be sought from other grants, including the UKPRP’s consortium award.
PhD students and research assistants are encouraged to participate in network activities but are not funded by the grant.
How to apply to this scheme
There is a two-stage process for applications for the awards. The call for outline applications closes at 16:00 on 18 January 2018.
The Medical Research Council will administer the call for proposals.
More opportunities for population researchers
We support a broad portfolio of population research, including behavioural research, epidemiology, public health, and research into cancer prevention and early diagnosis.
We fund investigator-led projects, partnership initiatives, research facilities and resources, and we have a range of opportunities to help you develop your research career.
UK Prevention Research Partnership
UKPRP is a £50m initiative focussed on improving population health and reducing health inequalities through the primary prevention of NCDs. It is an alliance of UK Health Departments, Research Councils and charities.