Prevention Research Consortium Award (UKPRP)
About this scheme
The Research Director (i.e. the leader of a consortium) must be based at the lead organisation, which should be one of the following:
- UK Higher Education Institutions
- Research Council Institutes
- Independent Research Organisations
UKPRP Consortium Awards provide funding for:
- Research, e.g. research staff, consumables, costs of running the consortium including project management.
- Transfer of research findings to policy and practice and secure appropriate participation from users (e.g. policy makers, practitioners, health providers, the third sector, the public etc.).
Grants will not support training (e.g. PhD students), but early-career researchers are encouraged to engage with consortia, which we anticipate will offer excellent career development opportunities.
How to apply to this scheme
There is a two-stage process for applications for the awards. The call for outline applications closes at 16:00 on 18 January 2018.
The Medical Research Council will administer the call for proposals.
UK Prevention Research Partnership
UKPRP is a £50m initiative focussed on improving population health and reducing health inequalities through the primary prevention of NCDs. It is an alliance of UK Health Departments, Research Councils and charities.