Join our Publications Committee
We're inviting expressions of interest from leading scientists and clinicians who are interested in joining our new Publications Committee. The deadline for application is 28 February 2018.
We own the British Journal of Cancer and are now exploring additional scientific publishing options to support our research community. This is an opportunity to help us shape our strategy in this area.
About the opportunity
At CRUK, we fund visionary cancer research of the highest standard to achieve our ambitious mission of seeing at least 3 in 4 cancer patients surviving the disease by 2034.
The vision of the scientific publications strategy is to extend CRUK’s reputation for research excellence and innovation and to communicate the results of research to cure cancer sooner. We are now seeking applications to join the Publications Committee, which oversees the delivery of our scientific publications strategy.
If you apply, you will have the opportunity to:
- shape the publishing strategy of Cancer Research UK
- help us deliver our ambitious research strategy
- work with other highly experienced world-leading experts in cancer research and publishing
- support the work of the largest fundraising cancer research charity in the world and the largest funder of cancer research in Europe.
The committee will meet twice a year, in person, in London.
We have two positions available for researchers with scientific or clinical expertise and editorial experience.
You must be in receipt of a CRUK grant or employed at a CRUK-funded institute, and you should have some or all of these skills and experience:
- a talented senior scientist or clinician
- a leader in your field
- a strategic thinker
- working in fields relevant to CRUK's Research Strategy
- experienced as a member of the editorial board or as an academic editor of a journal
We welcome and actively encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com by 28 February 2018 with:
- Cover letter (max 2 pages)
- CV (max 4 pages)
In your cover letter please include:
- key areas of scientific or clinical expertise
- reasons for applying
- experience in editorial or publishing roles
- brief (300 words maximum) statement of your vision for CRUK scientific publishing
In your CV please include:
- relevant experience and qualifications
- most relevant, recent publications
Please also email firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February 2018 with a completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. This information is for monitoring purposes only; it will be kept confidential and will not be connected to your application.
British Journal of Cancer
We own the British Journal of Cancer, one of the most-cited general cancer journals, publishing significant advances in cancer research, high-quality reviews and thought-provoking comment on all aspects of cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.