Science Update blog
Our award-winning Science Update blog is currently hosted at Wordpress.com, but you can see the latest posts in the box below.
Clicking on these links will take you away from this website and over to the blog.
Please use your 'Back' button to return to this site.
- News digest – inherited cancer genes, beta-blockers, non-Hodgkin lymphoma and more
- Here’s a round-up of this week’s cancer news: A new research programme announced this week will lay the foun…
- 24 May 2013
- Celebrating International Clinical Trials Day
- We’ve written many times about clinical trials on this blog. Trials tell us which treatments work, and their results boo…
- 20 May 2013
- News digest – Angelina Jolie, clinical trial transparency, testicular cancer and more
- Angelina Jolie’s decision to have a double mastectomy to reduce her risk of breast cancer, after she learnt she carried…
- 18 May 2013
- Building an artificial tumour in the lab
- In 2000, a team of archaeologists in the ancient Egyptian city of Thebes uncovered the mummified remains of a young woma…
- 16 May 2013
- “I remember the appointment so vividly” – carrying the BRCA1 gene
- Seeing Angelina Jolie talking in the media so prominently this week does have a huge impact on people like me. I think h…
- 15 May 2013
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team