Search our news and press release archive
Search Cancer Research UK press releases going back to 2002, and Cancer News articles from 2006 onwards.
Please note that, unless otherwise stated, Cancer News articles do not directly refer to Cancer Research UK-funded research.
Latest press releases
Cancer Research UK's latest announcements:
- Genetic 'fine tuners' control body's own attack against cancer
- The body's own immune system's fight against breast cancer is controlled by genetic 'fine tuners', known as microRNAs ac...
- 5 May 2013
- Breast cancer in women under 50 tops 10,000 cases for first time
- The number of women under 50 diagnosed with breast cancer each year in the UK has exceeded 10,000 for the first time acc...
- 3 May 2013
- Diabetes drug makes lung cancer vulnerable to radiotherapy
- The diabetes drug metformin slows the growth of lung cancer cells and makes them more likely to be killed by radiotherap...
- 1 May 2013
- Tamoxifen class drugs reduce breast cancer rates by more than a third in women at high risk
- Tamoxifen and three similar drugs reduce breast cancer incidence by 38 per cent in women at an increased risk of the dis...
- 30 Apr 2013
- Personalised radiotherapy treatment set to benefit from CERN software
- A collaboration of scientific disciplines is developing pioneering software to design radiotherapy tailored to individua...
- 29 Apr 2013
Latest news articles
External news articles provided by Adfero (2006 - July 2011) and The Press Association (July 2011 onwards):
- New scheme to routinely test patients for inherited cancer genes
- A new research programme will lay the foundations for routine testing for inherited cancer genes in patients with the di...
- 21 May 2013
- Government pressed on standard cigarette packs
- The Government will have "failed"; the next generation if it does not introduce plain, standardised cigarette packs, a t...
- 7 May 2013
- Smuggling controls working as illegal tobacco trade on the wane
- The crackdown on the illicit tobacco trade appears to be working, with its market share tumbling over the last four year...
- 2 May 2013
- Charities 'extremely concerned' over standard packs claim
- Health campaigners have condemned reports suggesting that the Government has scrapped plans to introduce plain, standard...
- 2 May 2013
- US researchers unveil womb cancer and acute leukaemia genomes
- US researchers have published the intricate details of the genetic makeup of two more forms of cancer - acute myeloid le...
- 1 May 2013
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team