Stomach (gastric) cancer
Information about cancer of the stomach (gastric cancer), including symptoms and causes, tests to diagnose stomach cancer, treatment including surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy, and current research. There is information about living with stomach cancer including coping with your diagnosis and managing your diet after treatment.
Join our forum
Did you know that Cancer Research UK has an online forum for people affected by cancer? Cancer Chat is your space to talk about cancer.
- Press release: Scientists develop a breath test that could detect stomach cancers
- A new type of breath test that detects nanoparticles could help diagnose stomach cancers, according to a study published in the British Jour...
- 6 Mar 2013
- Press release: Docetaxel significantly increases survival for incurable gastric cancers
- Survival for advanced stomach and oesophagael cancer patients increases by 40 per cent when treated with the chemotherapy drug, Docetaxel –...
- 23 Jan 2013
- Press release: Trial launch of urgently-needed combination treatment for oesophago-gastric cancer
- Cancer Research UK’s Drug Development Office (DDO), in collaboration with academia and industry, has announced a new trial to open in Oxford...
- 17 Aug 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 10 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team