Skin cancer (non melanoma)
All about non melanoma skin cancers - basal cell and squamous cell skin cancers - including symptoms and causes, tests to diagnose skin cancer, treatment including surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and current research. Living with skin cancer covers coping with your diagnosis, preventing future skin cancers and skin care.
If you are looking for information about the skin cancer that develops from abnormal moles (melanoma) this is not the right section for you. There is a separate section about melanoma.
Join our forum
Did you know that Cancer Research UK has an online forum for people affected by cancer? Cancer Chat is your space to talk about cancer.
- Press release: Sun Starved Brits To Risk Health This Summer
- FOLLOWING some of the coldest and wettest weather on record, around 4.9 million people in the UK (10 per cent) are more...
- 29 Apr 2013
- Press release: Sunbed users are twice as likely to use anti-ageing products as non sunbed users
- Over two fifths (43 per cent) of people in the UK who have used sunbeds – which are proven to prematurely age the skin –...
- 21 Feb 2013
- Press release: Early results show two drugs may be better than one to treat most deadly skin cancer
- Adding lung cancer drugs to targeted melanoma treatment could increase survival for certain patients, according to resea...
- 11 Feb 2013
- News: Guest post – “The first and last time she’d ever use a sunbed”
- Rob Hall is an Environmental Health Officer for Bury Council in Greater Manchester, with more than 10 years’ experience.…
- 7 Mar 2013
- News: Twitter interview – skin cancer
- In our first ever live Twitter interview – or Twinterview – we invited people to tweet us with questions on…
- 21 Feb 2013
- News: Melanoma genome reveals UV damage and treatment targets
- We all need a bit of sunshine in our lives – something that’s often lacking in the Great British Summer. But while UV li…
- 22 Aug 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 based on 8 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team