All about prostate cancer, including symptoms and causes, tests to diagnose cancer of the prostate, treatment including surgery, hormone therapy, chemotherapy, HIFU (high intensity focused ultrasound) and current research, including abiraterone and cabazitaxel. Living with prostate cancer covers coping with your diagnosis, urinary problems and your sex life.
Join our forum
Did you know that Cancer Research UK has an online forum for people affected by cancer? Cancer Chat is your space to talk about cancer.
- Press release: Personalised radiotherapy treatment set to benefit from CERN software
- A collaboration of scientific disciplines is developing pioneering software to design radiotherapy tailored to individua...
- 29 Apr 2013
- News: Genetic changes that cause prostate cancer 'develop in periodic bursts'
- The genetic changes that lead to prostate cancer seem to develop in sudden bursts rather than gradually over time, accor...
- 26 Apr 2013
- Press release: Study reveals the genetic variations that raise the risk of breast, prostate or ovarian cancer
- Over 80 regions of the genome that can increase an individual's risk of breast, prostate and ovarian cancers have been f...
- 27 Mar 2013
- News: Gene variations and cancer risk – more results, more answers and more questions
- A thousand scientists from one hundred international research groups working over four years. Thirteen papers spread acr…
- 27 Mar 2013
- News: Tissue study turns tables on prostate cancer
- As we heard yesterday, a man’s lifetime risk of developing cancer is set to climb to one in two by 2027, and one of the…
- 20 Dec 2012
- News: Notes from NCRI conference (day 4)
- Before the final day of the conference started, we once again awoke to news stories based on research presented over the…
- 7 Nov 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 9 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team