What to ask your doctor about living with pancreatic cancer
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- How will my treatment affect me?
- Will I ever get back to normal, or will I have some long term effects?
- Will I be able to eat and drink normally?
- Will I need a special diet?
- Will I need to take enzyme supplements?
- How can I see a dietician?
- Will I be able to go back to work?
- Where can I get help with claiming benefits and grants?
- What practical help is available?
- Why did this happen to me?
- Are my children at risk of getting cancer of the pancreas?
- Where can I get help dealing with my feelings?
- Can you refer me for counselling?
- Do I have to pay for counselling?
- Could you refer me to a Macmillan nurse?
If you have an advanced cancer:
- Why can't my cancer be cured?
- What symptoms am I likely to have?
- What help can I have with controlling symptoms?
- Will I be in pain?
- What pain control can you offer?
- How will I die?
- How long do I have left to live?
- What support will I get at home?
Rated 3 out of 5 based on 4 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team