All about cancer of the pancreas, including symptoms, risk factors and causes. Information on how cancer of the pancreas is diagnosed including initial tests and scans you may have to see if the cancer has spread. Treatment for cancer of the pancreas includes surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy. There is also information on likely outcome (prognosis), research and how to cope with pancreatic cancer.
You can also read all about pancreatic cancer research on our News and Resources website.
Or you can donate directly to our pancreatic cancer research on our MyProjects website.
Join our forum
Did you know that Cancer Research UK has an online forum for people affected by cancer? Cancer Chat is your space to talk about cancer.
- News: Nerve genes linked to pancreatic cancer
- Detailed genetic analysis of nearly 150 pancreatic tumours has given new clues about how the disease develops and spread...
- 24 Oct 2012
- Press release: Study points to potential new treatment for deadly pancreatic cancer
- Cancer Research UK-funded scientists have shown how a promising new class of drugs might be used to treat aggressive for...
- 29 Apr 2012
- Press release: Blood vessel 'inflator' could be 'game-changer' for pancreatic cancer treatment
- Cancer Research UK scientists have shown that an enzyme can re-expand the insides of blood vessels allowing more drugs a...
- 20 Mar 2012
- News: Getting to the root of tumour blood vessels
- This entry is part 2 of 5 in our Microenvironment series In the first of this series we explained how the ‘neighbourhood…
- 18 Jan 2013
- News: ‘Sleeping Beauty’ reveals new pancreatic cancer genes
- Over recent decades we have made huge progress in survival for many types of cancer, including breast, bowel, testicular…
- 29 Apr 2012
- News: News digest – aspirin, tobacco profits, pancreatic cancer and more
- This week’s news digest includes our take on aspirin and cancer; a report about the huge profits the tobacco indus…
- 24 Mar 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 6 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team