All about ovarian cancer, including symptoms and causes, tests and scans to diagnose cancer of the ovary, treatment including surgery and chemotherapy, and current research. Living with ovarian cancer covers coping with your diagnosis and recovering after surgery.
Join our forum
Did you know that Cancer Research UK has an online forum for people affected by cancer? Cancer Chat is your space to talk about cancer.
- Press release: Scientists develop simple blood test to track tumour evolution in cancer patients
- Cancer Research UK scientists have developed a new way of looking at how tumours evolve in real-time and develop drug re...
- 7 Apr 2013
- Press release: Study reveals the genetic variations that raise the risk of breast, prostate or ovarian cancer
- Over 80 regions of the genome that can increase an individual's risk of breast, prostate and ovarian cancers have been f...
- 27 Mar 2013
- News: Possible origin of common ovarian cancer identified
- US researchers have uncovered a type of cell in the ovaries of mice that, if also found in women, would represent the po...
- 7 Mar 2013
- News: Building an artificial tumour in the lab
- In 2000, a team of archaeologists in the ancient Egyptian city of Thebes uncovered the mummified remains of a young woma…
- 16 May 2013
- News: Watching cancers evolve using ‘liquid biopsies’
- Sometimes it feels like cancer research is progressing at a dizzying speed. Just last year, we reported how Cancer Resea…
- 8 Apr 2013
- News: Gene variations and cancer risk – more results, more answers and more questions
- A thousand scientists from one hundred international research groups working over four years. Thirteen papers spread acr…
- 27 Mar 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 1 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team