What to ask your doctor about oesophageal cancer treatment
Some questions you may want to ask your doctor
- What is the stage of my cancer and what does this mean?
- What is the grade of my cancer and what does this mean?
- What is the likely outcome of my cancer?
- What type of treatment do I need?
- Is there any choice of treatment?
- What written information can you give me about these treatments?
- Is there a specialist nurse I can see?
- What are the short and long term side effects?
- How can I help to reduce the side effects?
- How often will I have to come to the hospital for treatment?
- Is there any transport available or any help with fares?
- How long will the treatment last?
- How can I get a second opinion?
- Are there any experimental treatments or trials that might help me?
- Who can help manage my cancer symptoms?
- How can you help with difficulty swallowing?
- Is there a counsellor or clinical nurse specialist here I could talk things through with?
- How often will you see me once my treatment is finished?
- What will happen at my follow up appointments?
- Is there a number I can ring if I am worried about anything between appointments?
- Is there anything I should be looking out for?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team