What to ask your doctor about bone marrow or stem cell transplants for non Hodgkin lymphoma
Some questions you may want to ask your doctor
- Why are you suggesting a transplant for me?
- What is the aim of the treatment - will it cure my NHL?
- What sort of transplant will I have?
- What are the risks of the treatment?
- Are there any other choices of treatment?
- Where will I have my transplant?
- Will I have to have chemotherapy and radiotherapy?
- How long will I be in hospital?
- Will I need to be in isolation and for how long?
- What are the short and long term side effects of this treatment?
- What written information can you give me about my treatment?
- Will I be able to go back to work and take up my usual hobbies and activities again?
- Will I still be able to have children?
- Will the treatment cause an early menopause and how do you treat that?
- Is it possible for me to have eggs or embryos frozen before I start treatment?
- Can you arrange sperm banking for me before I start my treatment?
- How often will I come to see you after the transplant?
- Is there a number I can call if I'm worried between appointments?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team