What to ask your doctor about living with non Hodgkin lymphoma
Some questions you may want to ask your doctor
- How long will it take me to get over my treatment?
- What precautions will I have to take while I am recovering?
- When can I go back to school / college / work?
- When can I take up my usual sports, hobbies and activities again?
- Is there anything I shouldn't do?
- Is there anyone who can advise me on money matters, including benefit claims?
- What practical help is available?
- I would like to see a counsellor. Can you put us in touch with someone to talk to?
- Will we have to pay for counselling?
- Can I go abroad on holiday when I finish treatment?
- Will you write a letter to help me get travel insurance?
- Which vaccinations can I have?
If you've had a transplant you may also want to ask
- When will I be able to use public transport, or go to crowded places?
- What should I do if my children / grandchildren get a cold or other infection?
- Should I avoid contact with animals and if so, for how long?
- Will my treatment make me infertile?
- Is there any chemotherapy that doesn't cause infertility?
- What contraception should we use while I am having chemo and for how long afterwards?
- Can I have sperm banking / egg collection before I start my chemo?
- Can you arrange sperm banking or egg collection for me?
- How much does sperm banking / egg collection cost?
- Will I have an early menopause?
- What symptoms can I expect?
- Will I be able to take HRT and is there anything I should know to help me decide whether to take it?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team