What to ask your doctor about treating melanoma
Some questions you may want to ask your doctor
- What stage is my melanoma and what does this mean?
- How thick was the melanoma and how does that affect my outlook (prognosis)?
- What is the chance that the melanoma will come back or spread?
- Is there any other treatment you recommend after surgery?
- Why do I need this treatment?
- Do I have a choice of treatment?
- What is the aim of the treatment?
- How long does the treatment take?
- What are the short and long term side effects of the treatment?
- What written information can you give me about my treatment?
- Is there a specialist nurse I can see?
- Are there any experimental treatments I could try or trials that you would recommend for me?
- How can I get a second opinion?
- How often will you want to see me after my treatment finishes?
- What will happen at my follow up appointments?
- Is there a number I can call if I am worried between appointments?
- Should I have my other moles checked regularly and if so, how and where?
- Is there anything else I should be looking out for?
Rated 3 out of 5 based on 2 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team