Melanoma skin cancer
Information about melanoma, a type of skin cancer. It can develop from abnormal moles. There is information about symptoms and causes, tests to diagnose melanoma, treatment for early melanoma (surgery) and advanced melanoma (chemotherapy, biological therapy, radiotherapy, and surgery) and current research. Living with melanoma skin cancer covers coping with your diagnosis and looking after your skin. If you are looking for information about melanoma of the eye, you need to go to our eye cancer section. But if the melanoma has spread, you will also find useful information in this section.
Join our forum
Did you know that Cancer Research UK has an online forum for people affected by cancer? Cancer Chat is your space to talk about cancer.
- Press release: Shape-shifting cells help skin cancer spread
- Scientists have discovered genes that control shape changes in melanoma skin cancer cells, allowing them to wriggle free...
- 9 Jun 2013
- Press release: DNA sequencing reveals mucosal melanoma's bullseye
- Scientists have found a molecular 'bullseye' for a rare form of melanoma, opening up opportunities for new targeted trea...
- 7 Jun 2013
- Press release: First evidence that obesity gene is risk factor for melanoma
- The gene most strongly linked to obesity and overeating may also increase the risk of malignant melanoma – the most dead...
- 3 Mar 2013
- Guest post – “The first and last time she’d ever use a sunbed”
- Rob Hall is an Environmental Health Officer for Bury Council in Greater Manchester, with more than 10 years’ experience.…
- 7 Mar 2013
- Twitter interview – skin cancer
- In our first ever live Twitter interview – or Twinterview – we invited people to tweet us with questions on…
- 21 Feb 2013
- Melanoma genome reveals UV damage and treatment targets
- We all need a bit of sunshine in our lives – something that’s often lacking in the Great British Summer. But while UV li…
- 22 Aug 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 3 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team