Melanoma skin cancer
Information about melanoma, a type of skin cancer. It can develop from abnormal moles. There is information about symptoms and causes, tests to diagnose melanoma, treatment for early melanoma (surgery) and advanced melanoma (chemotherapy, biological therapy, radiotherapy, and surgery) and current research. Living with melanoma skin cancer covers coping with your diagnosis and looking after your skin. If you are looking for information about melanoma of the eye, you need to go to our eye cancer section. But if the melanoma has spread, you will also find useful information in this section.
Join our forum
Did you know that Cancer Research UK has an online forum for people affected by cancer? Cancer Chat is your space to talk about cancer.
- Press release: Blood test reveals skin cancer spread
- A simple blood test could be used to identify patients whose melanoma – the most serious form of skin cancer – has start...
- 4 Nov 2013
- Press release: Skin cancer death rates 70 per cent higher in men
- Death rates from malignant melanoma – the most serious type of skin cancer – are 70 per cent higher in men than women, d...
- 21 Aug 2013
- News: New drug approved for advanced non-melanoma skin cancer
- Patients with a form of skin cancer that's spread or come back after treatment could benefit from a new drug that h...
- 12 Aug 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 5 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team