What to ask your doctor about lung cancer surgery
Questions you may want to ask your doctor about surgery for lung cancer
- Why are you recommending surgery for me?
- Which type of operation should I have and why?
- Are there any other choices of treatment?
- What are the risks and benefits of having this operation?
- How safe is the operation you recommend for me?
- What is the aim of the operation – will it cure the cancer?
- How many of this type of operation do you do each year?
- What are the results?
- Can I talk to anyone who has had this operation?
- Will I need other treatment as well as surgery?
- What are the long term side effects of this operation?
- Will I have any pain after this operation?
- Will I be able to breathe properly afterwards?
- How can I help myself get over the surgery?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team