What to ask your doctor about lung cancer radiotherapy
Questions you may want to ask your doctor about radiotherapy for lung cancer
- Why are you recommending radiotherapy for me?
- Is the radiotherapy aiming to get rid of my cancer or make my symptoms better?
- How long will the course of treatment last?
- I've heard of newer types of radiotherapy that shape the dose to the cancer, or use scans to check its position regularly. Are these suitable for me?
- Are there any other treatment options?
- What are the side effects likely to be?
- Can I do anything to help prevent the side effects?
- If I have trouble swallowing should I change my diet?
- With radiotherapy to the head will I lose my hair?
- Will the hair grow back?
- How should I look after my skin?
- Are there likely to be any long term side effects?
- Can I get help paying my fares to and from the hospital?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team