All about kidney cancer (renal cancer) including symptoms, causes, and tests to diagnose cancer of the kidney. Information about treatments, including surgery, biological therapy – sunitinib (Sutent), sorafenib (Nexavar) and pazopanib (Votrient) – and current research. The living with kidney cancer section covers coping with your diagnosis, advanced kidney cancer, and managing kidney cancer.
Join our forum
Did you know that Cancer Research UK has an online forum for people affected by cancer? Cancer Chat is your space to talk about cancer.
- News: Campaign highlights blood in urine as potential sign of kidney cancer
- A national campaign has been launched to highlight the symptoms of bladder and kidney cancer as new figures show an increase in the incidenc...
- 15 Oct 2013
- News: Women with kidney or bladder cancer experience greater delays in diagnosis than men
- Up to 700 women in England diagnosed with kidney or bladder cancer every year are experiencing a delay in being referred to a specialist, ne...
- 24 Jun 2013
- Press release: Protein ‘block’ kills childhood cancer cells
- An experimental drug that blocks an essential cell protein could be used to treat Wilms' tumour, a childhood cancer that affects the kidneys...
- 23 Apr 2012
- News: A year of research – and 13 milestones you helped fund
- 25 Jul 2014
- News: Expert opinion: Professor Charlie Swanton – plotting a route through cancer evolution
- 28 Feb 2014
- News: Georgia’s story: a parent’s perspective on childhood cancer
- 28 Sep 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 4 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team