All about kidney cancer (renal cancer) including symptoms and causes and tests to diagnose cancer of the kidney. Information about treatments, including surgery, biological therapy – sunitinib (Sutent), interferon and IL2 – and current research. Living with kidney cancer covers coping with your diagnosis, advanced kidney cancer and managing kidney disease.
Join our forum
Did you know that Cancer Research UK has an online forum for people affected by cancer? Cancer Chat is your space to talk about cancer.
- Press release: Protein ‘block’ kills childhood cancer cells
- An experimental drug that blocks an essential cell protein could be used to treat Wilms' tumour, a childhood cancer that...
- 23 Apr 2012
- Press release: Obesity helps drive kidney cancer cases to record high
- The number of cases of kidney cancer diagnosed each year in Great Britain has risen over 9,000 for the first time, new f...
- 30 Mar 2012
- Press release: Cancer genes differ in different parts of a tumour
- Taking a sample from just one part of a tumour may not give a full picture of its 'genetic landscape', according to a la...
- 7 Mar 2012
- News: Podcast: redefining breast cancer, tiny brain tumours, bowel cancer progress and more
- This month, we hear how a landmark study could revolutionise breast cancer treatment, and take a look at the growing evi…
- 30 Apr 2012
- News: News digest – bowel cancer, kidney cancer, booze, boost for drug development, and more
- Another week has flown by, and yet more interesting cancer research was in the news, both from our own scientists and fr…
- 31 Mar 2012
- News: Podcast: cancer genes, kids smoking, shunning sunbeds, and spotting the signs
- In this month’s podcast a landmark cancer study sheds light on tumour genes, and experts suggest that more breast cancer…
- 22 Mar 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team