What to ask your doctor about living with Hodgkin lymphoma
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- How long will it take me to get over my treatment?
- What precautions will I have to take while I am recovering?
- What about diet?
- What practical help is available?
- When can I go back to school / college / work?
- Can I take up my usual hobbies and sports again?
- Can I go abroad on holiday?
- Which vaccinations should I have?
- Can I drink alcohol?
- When will I be able to use public transport or go to crowded places?
- Will the treatment make me infertile?
- Is there other chemotherapy I can have which won't cause infertility?
- Can I have sperm banking before I start treatment?
- Who can arrange sperm banking for me?
- How much does sperm banking cost?
- Can I store eggs before treatment?
- Could I have ovarian tissue freezing?
- Will I have an early menopause after my treatment?
- What symptoms will early menopause cause?
- Do you recommend HRT?
- When should I start HRT?
- Can you put my partner and I in touch with a counsellor?
- How much will counselling cost?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team