Chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML)
All about chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML) including symptoms and causes, tests to diagnose CML, treatments such as biological therapy, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, intensive treatment (bone marrow or stem cell transplant) and current research. The living with chronic myeloid leukaemia section covers coping with your diagnosis.
There are several other types of leukaemia, so please make sure you are in the right section. Go to our general leukaemia page if you are in any doubt.
Join our forum
Did you know that Cancer Research UK has an online forum for people affected by cancer? Cancer Chat is your space to talk about cancer.
- Press release: Improved treatments for chronic myeloid leukaemia have dramatically increased survival
- Survival for people diagnosed with Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia (CML) has risen by nearly half, with around 58 per cent of people surviving the...
- 12 Dec 2012
- Press release: Scientists discover how to beat resistance to standard leukaemia drug
- Cancer Research UK-funded scientists at The Institute of Cancer Research (ICR) have revealed a technique to kill chronic myeloid leukaemia (...
- 8 Dec 2011
- Press release: New cancer research centre launched in Glasgow
- Cancer Research UK today (Thursday) launches a new Centre which will accelerate the pace of research in Glasgow and see the city become a wo...
- 20 Jan 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team