What to ask your doctor about cervical cancer treatment
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What stage is my cervical cancer?
- How does that affect my choice of treatment?
- What are the pros and cons of the different treatments?
- Do you recommend one particular type of treatment for me?
- Why do you think I should have this treatment?
- What other types of treatment could I have?
- What is chemoradiation?
- Is chemoradiation suitable treatment for me?
- Will this treatment cure my cancer?
- What are the chances that the cancer will come back?
- What will happen if the cancer comes back?
- If the cancer comes back, how will the treatment I choose now affect the treatment I could have in the future?
- What are the side effects of this treatment?
- Are there any long term side effects of this treatment?
- Can I help to prevent myself getting side effects?
- Will I still be able to have children after treatment?
- Is there any way you can help me to keep my ability to get pregnant and have a baby?
- How long will the course of treatment last?
- How long will I be in hospital if I have this treatment?
- For how long will I have to go back and forth to the hospital?
- If I have to travel to and from the hospital can I have help with paying my fares?
- How do I go about getting a second opinion?
- Are there any experimental treatments or trials you would recommend for me?
- Is there a counsellor here I could talk things through with?
- What if I decide not to have treatment?
- How often will you want to see me after my treatment has finished?
- What will happen at these follow up appointments?
- What should I do if I am worried between appointments?
Rated 3 out of 5 based on 5 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team