What to ask your doctor if you have abnormal cervical cells
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What treatment do I need for my abnormal cervical cells?
- Why do I need this treatment?
- I know there are many different ways of treating abnormal cells. Do you recommend any particular one, and if so why?
- Why are you recommending this particular type of treatment for me?
- Do I have a choice in the treatment I have?
- What are the side effects of these treatments?
- Are there any long term effects of these treatments?
- How long will the treatment take?
- Can I be treated as an outpatient?
- How long will it take to get over the treatment?
- What should I do to help myself get over the treatment?
- When should I have another cervical screening test?
- Should I have cervical tests more often, now I have had an abnormal one?
- I might be pregnant. Can I still be treated?
- Will this treatment affect pregnancy for me in the future?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 12 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team