All about breast cancer, including symptoms, risk factors, causes, and preventing breast cancer. Screening and diagnosis of ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) and breast cancer, including mammograms, ultrasound and biopsy. Treatment information includes surgery, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, radiotherapy, biological therapy, research, and clinical trials. Coping with breast cancer information includes managing after surgery, coping with menopausal symptoms, and breast cancer in pregnancy. Lastly, a section about breast cancer that has spread, including treatments and coping with secondary breast cancer.
We also have more detailed information about the findings of the breast screening review.
Join our forum
Did you know that Cancer Research UK has an online forum for people affected by cancer? Cancer Chat is your space to talk about cancer.
- News: Cholesterol by-product linked to breast cancer in mice
- A by-product of cholesterol breakdown could contribute to the growth and spread of breast cancer, a US study has reveale...
- 28 Nov 2013
- News: Single-dose radiotherapy during surgery 'effective in preventing breast cancer return'
- A single dose of targeted radiotherapy delivered during or just after surgery could benefit some women undergoing treatm...
- 11 Nov 2013
- Press release: Deprivation responsible for 450 breast cancer deaths each year
- DEPRIVATION could be responsible for around 450 deaths from breast cancer every year in England as women in lower income...
- 2 Nov 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 46 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team