All about breast cancer, including symptoms, risk factors, causes, and preventing breast cancer. Screening and diagnosis of ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) and breast cancer, including mammograms, ultrasound and biopsy. Treatment information includes surgery, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, radiotherapy, biological therapy, research, and clinical trials. Coping with breast cancer information includes managing after surgery, coping with menopausal symptoms, and breast cancer in pregnancy. Lastly, a section about breast cancer that has spread, including treatments and coping with secondary breast cancer.
We also have more detailed information about the findings of the breast screening review.
Join our forum
Did you know that Cancer Research UK has an online forum for people affected by cancer? Cancer Chat is your space to talk about cancer.
- Press release: Genetic 'fine tuners' control body's own attack against cancer
- The body's own immune system's fight against breast cancer is controlled by genetic 'fine tuners', known as microRNAs ac...
- 5 May 2013
- Press release: Breast cancer in women under 50 tops 10,000 cases for first time
- The number of women under 50 diagnosed with breast cancer each year in the UK has exceeded 10,000 for the first time acc...
- 3 May 2013
- Press release: Tamoxifen class drugs reduce breast cancer rates by more than a third in women at high risk
- Tamoxifen and three similar drugs reduce breast cancer incidence by 38 per cent in women at an increased risk of the dis...
- 30 Apr 2013
- News: “I remember the appointment so vividly” – carrying the BRCA1 gene
- Seeing Angelina Jolie talking in the media so prominently this week does have a huge impact on people like me. I think h…
- 15 May 2013
- News: Angelina Jolie, inherited breast cancer and the BRCA1 gene
- The news today is full of reaction to US actress Angelina Jolie’s decision to have surgery to reduce her chances of brea…
- 14 May 2013
- News: New tricks for old drugs – blocking oestrogen to prevent breast cancer
- Tamoxifen is one of the mainstays of breast cancer treatment. Since the early 1980s, it’s been given to women who’…
- 30 Apr 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 32 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team