What to ask your doctor about brain tumour radiotherapy
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why do I need radiotherapy?
- Is there any other type of treatment I could have instead?
- Is there any other treatment I should have as well as radiotherapy?
- What do you expect the treatment to achieve?
- What are the side effects of this treatment?
- How long will it take me to get over the treatment?
- Are there any long term effects?
- Is there anything I can do to help myself recover more quickly?
- What are stereotactic radiotherapy and the gamma knife?
- Are targeted radiotherapy treatments suitable for my type of brain tumour?
- How often will I have to come to the hospital to have treatment?
- Will I have to stay in hospital, or can I have the treatment as an outpatient?
- Can I get help with fares to and from the hospital?
- When will I be able to get back to normal?
- Will I be able to go back to work and when?
- Will I need any more treatment in the future?
- What happens if my brain tumour comes back after the radiotherapy?
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team