Bowel cancer (colorectal cancer)
Bowel cancer is also called colorectal cancer and includes large bowel cancer (colon cancer) and cancer of the back passage (rectal cancer or cancer of the rectum). Find out about bowel cancer symptoms, risk factors, causes and preventing bowel cancer. There is information about tests to diagnose bowel cancer and treatments including surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, biological therapy, research and clinical trials. The living with bowel cancer section has information about diet after surgery, managing a colostomy, and how cancer may affect your sex life.
Join our forum
Did you know that Cancer Research UK has an online forum for people affected by cancer? Cancer Chat is your space to talk about cancer.
- News: 'Undruggable' cancer molecule blocked by new approach
- An important cancer molecule previously thought 'undruggable' could be blocked by a new targeted approach, according to...
- 21 Nov 2013
- Press release: Bowel cancer patients miss out on life-saving liver surgery
- Bowel cancer patients whose disease has spread to the liver are not being referred to specialists for potentially life-s...
- 28 Oct 2013
- Press release: CRT Pioneer fund, BACIT and SAREUM enter agreement to fund development of drugs to treat cancers including pancreatic, bowel and lung
- THE Cancer Research Technology Pioneer Fund (CPF), London Stock Exchange-listed investment company, BACIT Limited (BACIT...
- 24 Sep 2013
- News: By: Twenty-five years since landmark bowel cancer discovery – Cancer Research UK – Science Update blog « The Family History of Bowel Cancer Clinic
- [...] Since Professor Bodmer’s discovery in the late 80s, death rates from bowel cancer in the UK have dropped by a thir…
- 6 Sep 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 19 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team