What to ask your doctor about bone cancer treatment
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What can you tell me about the stage of my cancer?
- How do you tell the stage of the cancer?
- What type of treatment do I need?
- What written information can you give me about these treatments?
- Is there any choice of treatments?
- Is there a choice of anti sickness medicine if chemotherapy makes me feel sick?
- Should I have any treatment before surgery?
- Should I have any other treatment after surgery?
- Will I just need one operation, or will I have to have more?
- What are the risks and benefits of these treatments?
- What are the side effects?
- How can I help to reduce the side effects?
- Are there any long term effects of this treatment?
- Will my fertility be affected in the future?
- Can you arrange sperm banking or egg freezing for me?
- How often will I have to come to the hospital for treatment?
- Is there any transport available?
- Is it possible to have any help with the cost of fares to the hospital?
- What do I do if I'm ill at home after treatment?
- How long will the treatment last?
- Would you be able to recommend someone who could give me a second opinion?
- Are there any experimental treatments or trials that might help me?
- Is there a counsellor here I could talk things through with?
- How can I get a referral to a specialist nurse or social worker?
- How often will you see me when my treatment is finished?
- What will happen at my follow up appointments?
- How will you know if the cancer has come back?
- What should I do if I am worried between appointments?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 1 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team