Acute myeloid leukaemia (AML)
All about acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) including symptoms and causes, tests to diagnose AML, treatments including chemotherapy, intensive treatment (bone marrow or stem cell transplant) and current research. The living with acute myeloid leukaemia section covers coping with your diagnosis, diet and exercise after treatment, recovering from a transplant, and how AML and treatment may affect your sex life and fertility.
There are several other types of leukaemia, so please make sure you are in the right section. Go to our general leukaemia page if you are in any doubt.
Join our forum
Did you know that Cancer Research UK has an online forum for people affected by cancer? Cancer Chat is your space to talk about cancer.
- News: US researchers unveil womb cancer and acute leukaemia genomes
- US researchers have published the intricate details of the genetic makeup of two more forms of cancer - acute myeloid le...
- 1 May 2013
- Press release: Scientists find new drug target for hard-to-treat leukaemia
- Cancer Research UK scientists have discovered a promising new approach to treat a type of myeloid leukaemia - a cancer w...
- 29 Mar 2012
- Press release: Cancer Research UK launches trial of new drug to treat acute childhood leukaemia
- Cancer Research UK's Drug Development Office has opened the first trial of a new type of drug to treat children aged fro...
- 27 Jan 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 based on 2 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team