What to ask your doctor about bone marrow and stem cell transplants
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why are you suggesting a transplant for me?
- What are the risks and benefits of this treatment?
- Are there any other treatment options?
- Will I have to have chemotherapy and radiotherapy?
- How long will I be in hospital?
- Will I need to be in isolation and for how long?
- What are the side effects of this treatment?
- What are the long term side effects?
- Will this transplant cure my cancer?
- Will I be able to go back to work after this treatment?
- Will I still be able to have children after the transplant?
- Will the treatment cause an early menopause? If so, how will you treat this?
- Can you arrange sperm banking for me before I start my treatment?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 4 votes
Rate this page
Rate this page for no comments box
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team
Mrs Renée Dangoor
CancerHelp UK is generously supported by Dr N E Dangoor CBE to honour the life of Mrs Renée Dangoor
Questions about cancer? Call freephone
0808 800 4040
or email us