Questions to ask your doctor about cancer surgery
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why do I need an operation?
- What are you going to remove?
- What are the risks?
- Is there any preparation I need to do beforehand?
- What tests do I need?
- Where and when will I have these tests?
- Are there any other treatment options?
- What effect will the surgery have on my body?
- Are there any long term side effects?
- When will I be able to go home?
- When will I be able to do normal activities such as work and housework?
- When can I have sex again?
- When can I drive again?
- Will I have to take any medicines afterwards?
- Will I need to have any stitches taken out?
Rated 2 out of 5 based on 3 votes
Rate this page
Rate this page for no comments box
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team
Mrs Renée Dangoor
CancerHelp UK is generously supported by Dr N E Dangoor CBE to honour the life of Mrs Renée Dangoor
Questions about cancer? Call freephone
0808 800 4040
or email us