What to ask your doctor about general radiotherapy side effects
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- What general side effects can I expect and how can I reduce them?
- How will radiotherapy make me feel and how long will it last?
- Will I need to change my diet during the treatment?
- When can I expect to be back to normal after treatment?
- What problems could I have with my skin during radiotherapy treatment
- How long will the effects on my skin last?
- How can I protect my skin from the sun in the future?
- I like to swim but will the chlorine in the water affect my skin?
- Will the treatment affect my periods?
- What help is there if I have menopausal symptoms – can I have HRT?
- How will radiotherapy affect my sex life?
- What about my fertility – will I still be able to have a family?
- Can I delay my treatment so I can have sperm banking?
- What help can I get with sex or fertility problems?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
Rate this page
Rate this page for no comments box
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team
Mrs Renée Dangoor
CancerHelp UK is generously supported by Dr N E Dangoor CBE to honour the life of Mrs Renée Dangoor
Questions about cancer? Call freephone
0808 800 4040
or email us