What to ask your doctor about external radiotherapy
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- How often will I need to visit the clinic for my treatment?
- How long will the course of treatment last?
- How long will each appointment take?
- Will I have image guided radiotherapy?
- Will I have conformal radiotherapy?
- Will I have intensity modulated radiotherapy?
- How will you know exactly where to give the radiotherapy?
- Will I have my first radiotherapy treatment on the same day as the planning session?
- Will you need to mark the treatment area on my body?
- Are the skin marks permanent?
- What if the marks come off before my next session?
- Will I need a radiotherapy mould?
- Will I be on my own during my radiotherapy treatment?
- What can I expect to see and hear?
- What will I feel?
- What do I do if I need to move, for example if I have a cough or an itch?
- Do you think I'll feel well enough to make my own way to the hospital?
- Will I have to stay in hospital?
- How can I get help with travel costs and transport?
- Who can help me arrange the practical things?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 11 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team