What to ask your doctor about having chemotherapy
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- How will I have the chemotherapy drugs?
- Will I have a combination of tablets and intravenous treatments?
- Would a central line be better for me than having a needle put in each time?
- How long will I need to take the drugs?
- Will I need to stay in hospital?
- What problems could happen?
- What should I do if I can't manage on my own?
- Who can help me if I have problems?
- What are the numbers for the hospital ward/chemotherapy nurses/day care unit?
- What is the out of hours emergency number?
- Is there any printed information about the treatment I am having?
- Are there any treatments to control the side effects of chemotherapy?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 2 votes
Rate this page
Rate this page for no comments box
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team
Mrs Renée Dangoor
CancerHelp UK is generously supported by Dr N E Dangoor CBE to honour the life of Mrs Renée Dangoor
Questions about cancer? Call freephone
0808 800 4040
or email us