What to ask your doctor about fertility and chemotherapy
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Will the chemotherapy make me infertile?
- Will it be permanent?
- Do I have any choice about the drugs I can have?
- How can I bank sperm before my treatment starts?
- Is it possible for me to store eggs or embryos before my treatment?
- Will the treatment affect my periods?
- What help is available if I have menopausal symptoms?
- If I do become infertile, are there any ways I could still have children?
- Can you tell me about ovarian tissue freezing?
- Is there someone I can talk to about how I feel about infertility?
- Can I delay treatment to start a family?
- Can you suggest some useful books to read or websites to visit?
Rate this page
Rate this page for no comments box
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team
Mrs Renée Dangoor
CancerHelp UK is generously supported by Dr N E Dangoor CBE to honour the life of Mrs Renée Dangoor
Questions about cancer? Call freephone
0808 800 4040
or email us