What to ask your doctor about chemotherapy
Some questions you might ask your doctor
- Why are you recommending chemotherapy for me?
- How successful is it for my type of cancer?
- What is the aim of the chemotherapy?
- What are the benefits of this chemotherapy?
- What are the side effects?
- What will happen if I don't have the chemotherapy?
- What will my treatment involve?
- Where will it be given?
- How long will each treatment take?
- How long will I be in hospital?
- How many treatments will I have?
- How long will my treatment last?
- Will I have just one drug or a combination of drugs?
- What drug or drugs will I take?
- Are there any other drugs that could be used that may cause fewer side effects?
- Are there any new drugs going through clinical trials that I could have?
- Will I have any other treatment for my cancer along with the chemotherapy?
- Is there any alternative to chemotherapy for my type of cancer?
- If I have a problem or I feel unwell from the treatment who do I contact?
Rated 4 out of 5 based on 9 votes
Rate this page
Rate this page for no comments box
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team
Mrs Renée Dangoor
CancerHelp UK is generously supported by Dr N E Dangoor CBE to honour the life of Mrs Renée Dangoor
Questions about cancer? Call freephone
0808 800 4040
or email us