Our policy on maintaining the charity sector
We work in charity policy in order to support the charity’s fundraising efforts. We work to influence Government policy across a large number of areas, for example:
- Reforming and promoting Payroll Giving to help people give directly through their payroll
- Reforming and promoting Gift Aid, to ensure that it continues to be beneficial for charities in an increasingly digital age
- Promoting legacy giving and encouraging the public to remember a charity in their will
- Ensuring that the charity is not adversely affected by Government proposals, for example through the unintended consequences of tax reform or lobbying rules.
- We consistently monitor legislation to ensure that it does not have unintended negative effects for charities.
Response to the Fundraising Regulator consultation on the Fundraising Preference Service
Fundraising Preference Service – commenting on proposals for a new service giving the public greater control over the fundraising communications they receive
Payroll Giving – commenting on the Government’s welcome plans to reform and promote Payroll Giving
Business Rates in Wales Arguing against the Welsh Assembly Government’s plans to reduce Business Rate relief for charities in Wales
Gift Aid and digital giving – commenting on the Government’s proposals to reform and promote GiftAid
Get in touch with our policy team to find out more information about our policy on issues related to the charity sector.