Your complaints, comments and feedback
At Cancer Research UK we’re committed to delivering a high standard of service.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of our work, we’d like to hear about it. We appreciate the opportunity this feedback gives us to learn and improve.
Our Policy is:
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use
- To publicise our complaints procedure so that people know how to make a complaint.
- To make sure that all complaints are investigated in a timely way.
- To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired.
- To gather information which helps us to improve what we do.
Our commitment to you
- We will treat complaints seriously.
- We will always treat you with courtesy and fairness in your dealings with us.
- We will treat your complaints with sensitivity, discretion and understanding.
Complete our on-line enquiry form
E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on: 0300 123 1022
(lines open 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday)
How to complain about our Weekly Lottery
Please call the Lottery Helpline on 0300 123 3019
(lines open 8.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday)
How to Complain about Race for Life
Please call us on 0300 123 0770
Email us at: email@example.com
(Lines are open, 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday – Friday)
(9:00am to 5:00pm Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays during peak race season)
How to Complain about our Online Shop
E-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call us on 0300 123 4408
(lines are open 8am and 9pm Monday to Friday)
8am and 8pm (weekends).
We promise to respond to your complaint as quickly as we can. Our aim is to get back to you within 5 working days
If we need to make further investigations, we will let you know we have received your complaint and how long it will take to resolve.
Most people who make a complaint to us feel happy that we have resolved it with them. However, if you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, let us know and here’s what we’ll do:
- We will pass your complaint to a more senior member of staff who will try to help.
- Or if your complaint is about fundraising you can contact the Fundraising Regulator for an independent investigation via their website at http://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/ by post to Fundraising Regulator, 2nd floor, CAN Mezzanine Building, 49-51 East Road, Old Street, London, N1 6AH, or by phone on 0300 999 3404.
- Or, if your complaint is about our lottery or raffle, you can contact the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (www.ibas-uk.com) who will adjudicate on any dispute that has not been resolved to your satisfaction. IBAS can be contacted by phone on 020 7347 5883, by email at email@example.com or by post at Independent Betting Adjudication Service, PO Box 62639, London EC3P 3AS.
- Or, if your complaint relates to the purchase of goods or services online using our website (including our lottery), you can submit this for online resolution to the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
- Or, if your complaint relates to a contract for the sale of goods or services, you may consider submitting the matter for alternative dispute resolution (ADR). ADR is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it without the need to go to court. You can submit a complaint to any approved ADR body, including Pro Mediate (http://www.promediate.co.uk). A full list of approved ADR bodies can be found at http://www.tradingstandards.uk/advice/ADRApprovedBodies.cfm.