Help us beat cancer sooner
Applications for the 2014 graduate scheme are now open!
Our Graduate Scheme is truly unique. With a commercial strength that’s equivalent to a FTSE 350 company and an international reputation for innovative research, we’re perfectly positioned to train leaders of the future.
We aim to recruit high potential, high-performing individuals who will provide a high-impact contribution to our strategy and vision. We want bold graduates, unafraid to challenge the status quo and willing to go the extra mile to achieve exceptional results.
Our graduates undertake a two year programme designed to help you develop the insight and skills necessary to succeed in your career.
You'll be free to explore your potential through groundbreaking projects and tailored training, and the work you’ll be doing will contribute directly to the fight against cancer.
We are recruiting for five different business streams
Fundraising and Marketing
In the Fundraising and Marketing stream you will work towards raising over £450million each year to fund vital research. Wherever you are placed, you will use your energy and talent to drive our fundraising success.
Policy, Information and Communications
In this stream, you could help us keep cancer at the top of the political agenda or engage the public through social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Your fresh and creative ideas will help shape the way we interact with everybody - from the public to parliament.
As an IT Graduate, it is likely that you will get involved in all aspects of the IT Lifecycle: from a pure technology focus to relationship management with our customers, through to Information Security.
While a degree in Computer Sciences is desirable, it is not absolutely essential.
By working collaboratively across the organisation, you'll ensure our vital research projects have all the resources and direction they need. You'll also keep up to date with our research community to ensure we stay at the cutting-edge of scientific research.
This stream is open to applicants who have a degree in a life, physical or natural science.
From analysing market conditions with our Strategy team, to working in finance and HR, you'll be exposed to all the business functions you'd find in any blue chip company.
If you want to apply, you must be able to answer 'yes' to all of the following:
- Do you have, or expect to achieve, a minimum of a 2:1 in your undergraduate degree (in any discipline)?
- Do you have 280 UCAS points and GCSE Maths and English at 'C' grade?
- Do you have the permanent right to live and work in the UK without restriction? Or are you entitled to apply or have an outstanding application for a valid work permit?
- Have you achieved success outside of your academic career through work experience, internships, summer placements, voluntary experience or positions of responsibility at university?
- If applying for the Science stream, do you hold a degree in a life, natural or physical science?
See what past graduates have said about working at Cancer Research UK.