Developing a career in research
Our aim is to develop the next generation of world-class researchers. To achieve this aim, we will provide support at every career stage. Training outstanding individuals and inspiring the cancer research leaders of tomorrow.
If you're an established researcher
You already have a strong track record of research and want to develop your independent research career, then our fellowships and project grants can help.
Apply for a;
- Senior Cancer Research Fellowship,
- Career Establishment Award,
- Group Leader position at one of our institutes,
- Biomarker Project Award or a
- Drug Discovery Project Award.
If you're a post doc researcher
If you are looking to take the next step in your research career we can support in several ways.
Apply for a;
- Postdoctoral position at one of our institutes,
- Career Development Fellowship,
- Clinician Scientist Fellowship,
- Population Research Fellowship,
- Cancer Prevention Fellowship or a
- Research Travel Award.
If you're a graduate
If you're looking to start your cancer research career, you have a few options;
- Most of our institutes advertise studentships and fellowships once a year. Contact the institutes directly to find out more.
- Our Centres also offer PhD opportunities. Contact the centres directly for more information.
- We also offer Research Bursaries for clinician and allied health professionals.
If you're an under graduate interested in cancer research
If you would like to get some research experience you can contact;
- Our Cancer Research UK Beatson institute, who offer summer placement schemes.
- The Medical Research Council, the Academy of Medical Sciences and the Biotechnology & Biological Sciences Research Council, who offer bursaries or run schemes to support science under grads.