A pinch of Jamie Oliver, a dash of Stephen Fry and a spot of Pharrell Williams - the perfect ingredients for a great British BBQ!
This summer’s most sought after celebrity BBQ guests have been revealed in a new survey of 2,000 Brits* by Cancer Research UK, to tie in with the charity’s BBQ fundraising campaign, which runs throughout July, with the Big BBQ Weekend taking place on the 19 and 20 July.
Those surveyed put Stephen Fry (18 per cent) and Holly Willoughby (13 per cent) top of their celebrity BBQ guest list, Jamie Oliver in charge of the food (28 per cent) and Happy by Pharrell Williams as the song they most wanted to hear this summer (35 per cent). And when asked what makes a memorable BBQ, 30 per cent said food and good company.
Top five celebrity BBQ guests:
- Stephen Fry (18 per cent)
- Holly Willoughby (13 per cent)
- Keith Lemon (11 per cent)
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (11 per cent)
- David and Victoria Beckham (8 per cent)
Top five chefs for a BBQ:
- Jamie Oliver (28 per cent)
- Gordon Ramsey (14 per cent)
- Nigel Slater (10 per cent)
- Levi Roots (9 per cent)
- Heston Blumenthal and Delia Smith (8 per cent)
Top five songs for a BBQ:
- Happy – Pharrell Williams (35 per cent)
- Summer of 69 – Bryan Adams (17 per cent)
- Summertime – Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince(16 per cent)
- Surfin USA – Beach boys (14 per cent)
- Hey Brother – Avicii (13 per cent)
People across the UK can take part in Cancer Research UK’s BBQ fundraising campaign throughout July or join in with the Big BBQ weekend on 19 and 20 July 2014. Be part of it and help beat cancer sooner.
Sign up to be a BBQ hero and get your BBQ pack at cruk.org/BBQ.
For more information contact the Cancer Research UK press office on 0203 469 8315 or, out of hours, on 07050 264 059
Notes to Editor
* All figures, unless otherwise stated, are from One Poll PLC. Total sample size was 2,000. Fieldwork was undertaken from 19 to 21 May 2014. The 2,000 survey respondents were UK adults aged 18+.