Cancer Research Technology appoints new chairman to its board of directors
Cancer Research Technology – the commercial arm of Cancer Research UK – today announced the appointment of Peter Chambré as its new chairman.
Peter is currently chairman of two private equity-backed pharmaceutical businesses, Xellia Pharmaceuticals and 7TM Pharma, and he is a non-executive director of BTG plc and Spectris plc. From 2002 until 2006, Peter was chief executive of Cambridge Antibody Technology Group plc.
He succeeds Melanie Lee who has been chairman of CRT since 2003.
Michael Pragnell, chairman of Cancer Research UK, said: “We’re delighted to welcome Peter Chambré who will be bringing extremely valuable industry experience to the board, as CRT is seeking to create new partnerships between industry and academia.
“I’d like to thank Melanie Lee for her exceptional contribution to CRT and as a former trustee of Cancer Research UK. We wish her all the best for the future.”
For media enquiries please contact the press office on 020 3469 8300 or, out-of-hours, the duty press officer on 07050 264 059.
Notes to Editor
CRT’s board of directors
- Michael Pragnell, chairman of Cancer Research UK
- Dr Andy Richards
- Dr J. Barrie Ward
- Keith Blundy, chief executive officer, CRT
- Clive Stanway, CRT’s chief scientific officer
- Phil L'Huillier, CRT’s director of business management
- Hamish Ryder, CRT’s director of drug discovery
- Harpal Kumar, Cancer Research UK’s chief executive and former CEO of Cancer Research Technology