The real virtual cards that help to beat cancer
Purple Hoot is raising money for Cancer Research UK this Christmas through sales of its real virtual eCards.
Visitors to www.purplehoot.com can choose from a wide range of cards, including traditional, contemporary, humorous and an exclusive Edward Monkton Xmas range, helping to raise funds to beat cancer at the same time. They also have the option to personalise cards by uploading their own images and add from a selection of seasonal clip art.
Over Christmas, there will be an option to sign up for unlimited use of the Cards for just £3.99 and £1 will be donated to the charity. It is hoped that the initiative will raise £80,000 for Cancer Research UK’s lifesaving work.
Tim Rosenberg from Purple Hoot said: “We’re delighted to be able to support Cancer Research UK this Christmas. The charity means a lot to us because we work very closely with Giles Andreae, the creator of the Purple Ronnie and Edward Monkton cards, who has experienced cancer first-hand himself. We understand how important research is in beating this devastating disease.”
Poppy Naylor from Cancer Research UK said: “We’re grateful that Purple Hoot has chosen us as the charity it wants to support this Christmas. The charity’s work on the causes, prevention, detection and treatment of cancer has saved millions of lives across the world, but there is still work to be done, so we need to do all we can to help fund more research.”
To see the virtual cards, visit Purple Hoot.
Notes to Editor
About Cancer Research UK
- Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research.
- The charity’s groundbreaking work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives. This work is funded entirely by the public.
- Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival rates double in the last thirty years.
- Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of more than 4,800 scientists, doctors and nurses.
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK's vision is to beat cancer.
About Purple Hoot
- Virtual greetings card company Purple Hoot launched in early 2009
- The purple team behind the site includes Giles Andreae, creator of Purple Ronnie and Edward Monkton
- The site has thousands of cards to choose from – with a £3.99 subscription allowing you unlimited access for THREE months
- Uniquely Purple Hoot cards come in virtual envelopes and employ 3D technology that allows the recipient to open them, just like a traditional card
- Every Purple Hoot subscriber has their own private area on the site, allowing them to save their cards and keep them forever
- Look out for Purple Hoot’s TV advertising campaign. Launching weekend of 4th Dec ads will be appearing on regional ITV plus a variety of digital channels, including Living and Gold
- For further information please contact Jessie Winston or Thea O’Hear at Quintus on 020 7340 6260 or firstname.lastname@example.org