Liz McClarnon gets Fashion Pulses Racing for Cancer Research UK
LIZ McCLARNON has already proved herself a talented songstress, television presenter and master chef. Now she is adding another string to her bow as the designer of a stylish limited edition t-shirt to launch Cancer Research UK's Race for Life 2009 series..
A fresh design for spring/summer 2009, Liz's white t-shirt features a feminine print with pretty flower detailing in bright pink, one of the season's hottest shades as seen at the Matthew Williamson and Alexander Wang catwalk shows. Channelling the strong, positive messages of Race for Life, the t-shirt is set to become a must have item for every style conscious woman's wardrobe, while also raising vital funds for research into beating cancer.
Race for Life is the UK's biggest women-only fundraising event and this year 680,000 women are expected to come together to walk, jog or run 5k in over 230 events taking place across the UK.
Liz said: "I was inspired after I took part in Race for Life last year and I wanted my design to be a celebration of life with a bright, vibrant splash of colour. The florals represent femininity, while the clustered and intertwined flowers symbolise the thousands of women of all shapes, sizes and backgrounds coming together as one to make a big impact for a fantastic cause.
"I'm really proud to have designed the Race for Life 2009 t-shirt. I hope it helps to raise lots of money for Cancer Research UK and encourages even more women to sign up for a Race for Life event this year and support the charity's life-saving work."
Liz's limited edition Race for Life t-shirt retails at £15.99 and is available to purchase through the Race for Life website, www.raceforlife.org. which is open for entries for the 2009 series.
The Race for Life series runs from May until the end of July 2009. For more information or to find your nearest event visit www.raceforlife.org or call 0871 641 2282.
For general media enquiries, images, t-shirt samples or interview requests for Liz McClarnon, please contact the press office on 0207 061 8300
Notes to Editor
Race for Life 2009
- Over 230 events taking place across the UK May until the end of July 2009
- Race for Life opens for entries on 19 January 2009
- Enter by visiting www.raceforlife.org or calling 0871 641 2282
- Cancer Research UK's Race for Life 2009 is supported by Tesco and Nivea
About Cancer Research UK
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK's vision is to beat cancer.
- Cancer Research UK carries out world-class research to improve understanding of the disease and find out how to prevent, diagnose and treat different kinds of cancer.
- Cancer Research UK ensures that its findings are used to improve the lives of all cancer patients.
- Cancer Research UK helps people to understand cancer, the progress that is being made and the choices each person can make.
- Cancer Research UK works in partnership with others to achieve the greatest impact in the global fight against cancer.
- For further information about Cancer Research UK's work or to find out how to support the charity, please call 020 7121 6699 or visit our homepage.