What to ask your doctor about radiotherapy for womb cancer
Some questions that you might want to ask your doctor
- Why are you recommending radiotherapy for me?
- What will the treatment do for me?
- Do I need external radiotherapy or internal or both?
- How long will the treatment take?
- Do you use the fast rate treatment or the slow rate treatment for internal radiotherapy?
- How long will it take to get over the treatment?
- What are the side effects likely to be?
- Are there any long term side effects I should know about?
- Is there anything I can do to help with side effects?
- Is there anything I can do to help stop long term side effects?
- Should I use vaginal dilators to stop narrowing of the vagina?
- When should I start using these?
- How long should I go on using them?
- Where do I get a set of dilators?
- What should I do if I am worried about a side effect – is there a number I can call?
- Do I need to stay overnight for the internal radiotherapy?
- Will I be allowed to have visitors while I have my internal radiotherapy - including children?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team