What to ask your doctor about surgery for vulval cancer
Some questions that you might want to ask your doctor
- Why do I need an operation?
- Will an operation cure my cancer?
- Which type of operation should I have and why?
- What will you remove?
- How long will the operation take?
- How long will I be in hospital?
- What are the risks and benefits of having this operation?
- Will I have pain after this operation?
- What other side effects will I have?
- Will any of the side effects be permanent?
- What are the possible complications of this surgery?
- How long will it take me to get better?
- How can I help myself get over the operation?
- Do you have any printed information I can take away with me?
- Who can I contact for support when I am at home?
- Who should I call if I feel unwell after leaving hospital?
- Do I need to come back to see the doctor again? How often?
Rated 5 out of 5 based on 3 votes
Question about cancer? Contact our information nurse team